3 Tips/Trade Secrets To Turn A Buyer On
Want to know what advice we give all of our sellers in and around Media, PA which includes some of our trade secrets?
We are Middletown Township, Edgmont Township, Upper Providence Township, & Media Borough (Rose Tree-Media School District) PA real estate specialists. Over the past 4 years, we have sold over 100 homes in Middletown Township, Edgmont Township, Upper Providence Township and Media Borough, PA. If you would like to schedule a buyer or seller meeting with us, please feel free to call The Shirley Booth Team directly at 610-636-6920 or send us a note here.
There is nothing more important, inexpensive, and attractive than the following:
- Always start at the front door since this is the first and last impression. Remove cob webs and scrub the main doorway. A fresh coat of paint on an older door does wonders.
- TRADE SECRET – Spray 9 Multi Use cleaner is a miracle worker on stains/scuffs on walls and baseboards. It is also great at removing fingerprints!
- Scrub sinks, counters, tubs, and really everything in your home.
- TRADE SECRET – Have a musty odor in your basement? Buy charcoal briskets from your local hardware or grocery store. Poke holes in the bag and leave in any area of the basement. For larger basements, use two bags. At first, you will need to replace the bags once a week for a few weeks and then less frequent as the odor dissipates.
IMPORTANT * If you use a de-humidifier, put it away for showings. Buyers tend to assume you have water issues.
- Do Not Burn Candles! You never know what scent will be offensive to a buyer no matter how much you like it. They now sell lightly scented ‘flameless’ battery operated candles. This also gives the home a very nice ambiance.
- Do Not Smoke – No one likes being told what to do in their own home. But, I have had countless buyers dismiss a great home just because of a smoke odor.
3. Declutter And Depersonalize – Get Into the Mindset That You Are Moving
- Start Packing – Nothings shouts ‘a home with no storage’ more than a cluttered home. Also, don’t forget your kitchen and bath counters. Counter space is very important to a buyer. For the kitchen, just a coffee pot and maybe a toaster should be left of the counter. Pack items that you do not use on a daily basis. Either stack the boxes neatly in the corner of the basement or better yet, rent a storage unit.
- Remove Personal Pictures and Items – You can leave a few personal pictures but it you have a wall full of personal pictures, it is hard for Buyers to visualize that this could be their home.
Contact us to learn more tips for selling your home.
We’d love to hear what you did to prepare your home for sale. Leave us a comment!